Submitting Events

Thank you for supporting the Messenger.  We are proud to host the most comprehensive and wide-reaching events and calendar listings in the region. 

To submit an event, please use this form. 

If the form doesn’t work for you, please send information to our Calendar Editor at

It is helpful if you format the information as follows: Event Title. Date @ Time. Name of  Location. Example: Messenger’s Give Guide Party. November 26 @ 6:30 pm – 9 pm. Holly Theatre, Medford.

Please submit as early as possible. Usually we need at least two weeks lead time for the event to be included in our print edition. You also can include one or two sentences with further details and description.

Also, to help support the calendar and the Messenger, we request that you become a supporting member so that the Messenger can continue to publish.  

A few years ago, the Messenger transformed from a LLC to a nonprofit. It is an opportunity to broaden our community support—and is necessary for us to sustain operations. Although nearly 80 percent of our budget is from purchased advertisements, the remaining 20 percent must be obtained from individual donors and membership.  

By no means is becoming a member a quid pro quo for listing. Listing in our calendar is free; however, we hope that you consider becoming a supporting member at $5/month to help support the service, like our calendar listings.

We rely on part-time staff members and volunteers to produce this publication—and believe we do an important service to the community. All membership dues go directly towards supporting our costs. No one is getting rich from this! We simply want to continue to provide this service and publication.

Thank you for your support and interest in the Messenger.