- This event has passed.
Hemp & Cannabis in Southern Oregon: A Community Forum
October 26, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
The proliferation of illegal hemp and cannabis cultivation in Southern Oregon has generated enormous public concern. This community forum will provide an opportunity to hear from individuals and agencies on the front lines regarding the issues that have emerged, including permitting, regulatory response, law enforcement, code compliance, worker conditions, water usage, and past and potential future legislation.
Forum presenters will include:
- Jackson County Marijuana Advisory Committee – Obie Strickler, Chair
- Oregon Department of Agriculture – Lauren Henderson, Deputy Director; Michael Odenthal, Hemp Program Manager; Sunny Summers, Cannabis Policy and Special Projects Coordinator
- Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission – Steve Marks, Executive Director
- Jackson County Sheriff’s Office – Sheriff Nathan Sickler
- Jackson County – Alicia Brown, County Code Enforcement Supervisor & Ted Zuk, Development Services Director
- Oregon Water Resources Department – Shavon Haynes, Jackson County Water Master
- Unete Center for Farmworker Advocacy – Kathy Keesee, Executive Director
Spanish and American Sign Language interpretation will be available.
Zoom link to attend: https://bit.ly/3E2BPs3
Zoom link to attend will also be posted here: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov/marsh
Share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1277404976021580/