3 Tips to Make Your Living Room Look Luxurious
One of the best things about modern decor trends is that they give your home the appearance of luxury without making you go bankrupt while decorating the entire house to suit a specific aesthetic. Thankfully, there are a handful of useful tips and tricks that most millennial homeowners use to make the most of their living space while saving as much as they can, and sometimes not spending a single penny at all. In this article, we’ll take a look at 3 things you can do (even if you have a tiny budget) to make your living room look and feel luxurious! Let’s get started.
1. Invest in good quality furniture
While you may feel tempted to buy a couple of the flimsy coffee table and chairs you saw on sale on a random website, we’re here to tell you that your living room deserves better than that! Very often, people make the mistake of spending their money on low-quality products because they’re attracted to quantity over quality. This doesn’t mean that you have to spend your savings on a single table and leave the rest of the room empty and vacant, but there are some ways in which you can make your living room look like the real deal, without having to spend way too much on it.
For example, you can invest in a high-quality sofa that can easily be found on sites like Livingcozy.com, which will make the entire room instantly look more classy. The reason behind this is that sofas are one of the focal points of a room, so having one that looks tacky or cheap can automatically affect the appearance of the rest of the room, even if all your other furniture is expensive! This is why it’s smarter to invest in one piece of furniture that’s of high-quality, and then cut short on how much you spend on smaller pieces. Also, make sure the quality of the sofa is visible in its color, shine, and finish, as this will give your room a look of true luxury!
2. Rugs, Paintings, and Curtains
These 3 are the main components that give a room the look of luxury, without making you spend too much on it. Here’s a quick gist of what you need to keep in mind while using these 3 pieces to your advantage:
- Rugs: Choose rugs that complement your furniture and don’t look odd in a classy home. That is to say, go for warm and minimal colors. It’s best to avoid designs and patterns on your living room rug.
- Paintings: Decorate your walls with the right pieces that complement the walls and the aesthetic you’re going for. You can even opt to use one accent painting instead of a gallery of paintings. Try not to go for common paintings which people may have seen in other places before, but pick unique pieces that give the room a fresh look.
- Curtains: Not only do you need a set of long curtains that reach the floor, but also add a layer of thin lace curtains which can remain closed during the day.
Make sure that your living room gets a lot of natural light during the day, eliminating the need to use any artificial light while it’s still sunny outside. Nothing looks more luxurious during the day than having wide windows and a lot of fresh air coming in throughout the day. During the evenings, make sure you’ve got warm lights that are easy on the eyes. You may even invest in a dimmer so you can easily alter the brightness to suit the occasion and time, appropriately.